The Australian Racing Drivers Club, known as ARDC, has promoted motorsport in NSW for over 50 years.
Commencing in 1952 at Parramatta Park the ARDC has conducted events for cars and motorcycles at Mount Panorama Bathurst, Mt Druitt, Castlereagh, Catalina Park Katoomba, Amaroo Park and currently at Eastern Creek International Raceway Western Sydney.
The ARDC created the Bathurst 500 and 1000 endurance races, the events that gave birth to the V8 Supercars.
This 1986 XG Ford Falcon Utility, Rescue 2, was used at Amaroo Park as a Rescue Vehicle by the ARDC.
Amaroo Park was a 1.9 kilometre motor racing circuit located in Annangrove Sydney NSW. The track opened in 1967 and served as host for a variety of competitions including the Castrol 6 Hour Motorcycle race, the Australian Touring Car Championship, Formula Ford, Formula 5000 and historic racing. The track closed in 1998.
This vehicle has been kindly loaned to the Museum by the ARDC.